Although I will happily work with clients in Southampton, this is a bit of a test page to check out if you can rank for a term like SEO in Southampton via Dead Blogging.
Not An SEO Consultant in Southampton
I will add that I am not an SEO Consultant in Southampton itself; I live in Petersfield and mainly work in Portsmouth. In saying that, the internet makes the world a lot smaller hence creating this page for potentially gaining clients and testing out a theory. If I wanted to be a little bit spammy, I might now add a link saying that Southampton, Portsmouth and Petersfield are all in Hampshire.
Companies Offering SEO in Southampton
I have removed the links to other companies as I have a friend who will soon be targeting SEO Southampton, and I will be working with him on a few projects. In saying that, I know that the last person I linked to gained valuably from my link that helped them get to number 1 for SEO Southampton.
I have nothing against these companies other than the lack of a public, thank you. Thanks are always appreciated. If they did do this, then thanks!
What I wanted to do here is add a list of Southampton based companies that offer SEO. However, I soon realised that many of the companies at the top of Google are not Southampton based.
The next problem I had was that some of those based within the city didn’t know one of the first things about SEO. They are linking to their /index(Html or similar) file instead of the actual URL. So my guess is their knowledge is very basic at the very least.
Thirdly, some have bought exact match domain names and have left pages up with little or no content, which is another no, no in Google. One even says widgets go here in the sidebar!
When I wrote this, four companies were not correctly linking to their homepages. These are Nagy SEO, MJS Website Design, SEO hyphen Southampton and SEO Southampton dot co dot UK.
As for SEO Expert Southampton, please add some content on your About page.
That leaves just four companies that may be worth visiting; however, if their prices are excessive, then get back to me, and I will source someone else for you. Atelier Studios; Expert SEO Bournemouth, who has assured me they have a presence in Southampton; Koozai and Sparkstone Creative.
I did link to Koozai; however, I got feedback from a friend that Koozai suggested they were better qualified than me. So Il removed the said link. Koozai had risen places too from it but dropped back once removed.
I am not saying these are the best companies; they meet my criteria. Below is the rest of the page before I added these paragraphs, so sorry if the whole thing doesn’t read well!
OK, I know there is no such thing as Dead Blogging; I’m trying to be innovative. Dead blogging is different from the live version. In dead blogging, I hide the individual snippets used to create the page from Google. In live blogging, these scraps of content often find their way into the index. I don’t want this.
Dead Blogging Updates
It looks like I haven't added any content via dead blogging just yet. Please come back later!
What is written below has been left for reference purposes.
How Live Blogging Helped Me Attack Southampton
I created around 200 words of text on this page and threw in the keyword a couple of times, then added the live blogging shortcode.
Over a few weeks, I added to the content of the page; via live blogging. I was creating around fifty words at a time. That content was automatically posted to Twitter and elsewhere. The links from the snippets were getting Google to revisit this page. It was that simple.
Live Blogging Updates
1) The first live blog post attacking the term (text edited here for SEO purposes) comes three days after creating this page. Within those three days, the site has moved to page 4 for the term. With a little luck, this will help it onto the next page and a top 30 spot.
2) Now, the page is in the top 30 after five days. Once upon a time, this would have happened on day one; alas, the new Google! Anyhow, at least it is moving upwards. But not too happy at overtaking a friends site, no bragging rites; mind you, he offers web design in Southampton rather than SEO.
3) I must admit I forgot to add extra content to this page; with that, it hasn’t moved much recently. Also, apart from the social links mentioned above, I have not built any external links to the page. My next job is to start doing that. It should only require just one or two to help it begin to move. (OK, just the one link added!)
4) I have not updated this page for a while after being busy with client work. With a bit of luck, this fourth entry will correct that. Even without adding to the page, it has crept into the top 20 for the associated search term.
5) WTF SEO is now established on page 1 for its initial term and SEO Hampshire, by just using Live Blogging, Facebook & Twitter! So my little experiment has worked to some degree. However, it may have been higher if I had linked to it from other sources; but I don’t need clients, so I am happy to be where I am.
Another thing that may have helped is adding related terms to the page, such as Search Engine Optimisation Southampton, but that is another day.
I No Longer Use Live Blogging
I no longer use live blogging, and as I am not after clients, I have let this page drop out of sight. I removed all the links pointing to the page. However, I am now trying dead blogging to see how that might work for ranking purposes.